www.ydsuk.org (Website) is brought to you by Yogi Divine Society (UK), a registered Charity with registration no 803601 whose registered office address is at 63 Woodcock Hill, Harrow, HA3 0JH.
Why you should read this policy
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and all other relevant legislation, Yogi Divine Society (UK) (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the organisation who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
Information that you provide
Personal information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, home address along with post code, date of birth, date of anniversary will be obtained whenever you complete forms on the Website / link sent to you when YDS hosts any events and your bank account details will be obtained when you make donations either by direct debit or online transfers or any other mode which involves providing your bank details whilst making donations.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, sign up to a service, make purchases, share information via the Website’s social media functions, enter a competition, complete a survey or report a problem with the Website.
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal data from time to time. If such data is requested, you will be given additional information as to why the sensitive personal data is being requested and how it will be used.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Personal Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
- receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices;
- give consent to any transfer of his/her data;
Information from third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which will be added to the information already held about you in order for us to help supply communications to you in the most seamless manner.
Information that will be collected automatically
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
Information on your device: We may also collect information which is stored on your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect contact information, login information, friends lists, photos, videos and other digital content with your prior consent.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using GPS technology or such other location tracking software we may use from time to time. Some of the features of the Website may require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by emailing email@example.com or contacting us via the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
How your personal data will be used
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to help identify you and any accounts you hold with Yogi Divine Society (UK);
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
- fraud, anti-money laundering and financial crime prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment for purchases made through the Website;
- customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services or products that may affect you;
- improving our services and products;
- providing information to HMRC at the time of claiming Gift Aid on the donations made by you;
- communicate to you for weekly assemblies held at various centres of YDS;
- send invitations for spiritual assemblies to be held at various centres of YDS
What is our lawful basis or ground for using your personal data?
Under laws that are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis or ground each time we use, share or otherwise process your personal data.
We may need to process your personal data to comply with any legal obligations which may be applicable. Likewise, we may process your personal data where this is in the public interest or it is to protect your vital interests, but this will only be in rare circumstances.
Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests.
When we say "legitimate interests", we mean our (or a third party's) interests in enabling us to provide our services to you as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this in part because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
Marketing and opting out
If you have provided your consent to receive news, communications regarding spiritual assemblies, special offers or promotions from us, we may contact you by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about spiritual assemblies, products, services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you. We may also send you birthday / anniversary wishes by any of the above means.
We may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about products, services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies that become partners or part of a group with Yogi Divine Society (UK);
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- where you create an account on the website, this will be controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- We will store your personal data on secure computers;
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we use data servers that may transfer data out of the EEA we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
All information you provide to us is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing your data, accounting purposes and social media purposes for example. A copy of your information is also stored securely on our internal server and computers where access is restricted.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using our contact details at the bottom of this policy.
What you can do to keep your information safe
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Your Consent and Rights of Access
You can change your mind or remove or add your consent at any time.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased except in circumstances where we are legally obliged to retain information about you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email of telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us. However, any processing performed prior to your withdrawal remains a legitimate processing based on a valid consent at the time. We will not be under the obligation to reverse the processing.
- You have the right to object to any direct marketing.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to provide proof of identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate.
Yogi Divine Society (UK) offers services to individuals of all age, gender and creed and does not differentiate between anyone on any basis. However, it is not the policy of YDS to collect any personal information about children under the age of 18 except in circumstances where a responsible adult gives personal information pertaining to children on their wilful basis.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us or our Data Protection Officer, please send us an email to email@example.com. You can also write to us 63 Woodcock Hill, Harrow, HA3 0JH.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office. Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you may direct them to the ICO. More information on the ICO can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk