Post COVID-19 Temple/Mandir Re-Opening
Guidance for Visitors
We have carried out a risk assessment to identify and manage risk of COVID-19 and have taken reasonable steps to implement social distancing measure as per the government guidelines. The below visiting guidance forms part of the control measures in place:
If you are planning to attend Mandir
Install the official NHS Track and Trace, if you are attending the temple at any point in time.
Play Store: Click here
Apple Store: Click here
When you enter the Mandir, there will be QR code that you have to scan within the Track and Trace app. (Click on Venue Check-in on the app)
For help with App please Click here
This information will be send to NHS and will notify you, if anyone who attends Mandir is infected and the app may notify you to self-isolate.
In the interest of keeping Mandir open for darshan, please do not take this lightly
Opening Timings and Access Restrictions
- 6:45 am – 7:45 am
- 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
- No access outside these timings
- Access limited to 25 individuals at any given time.
- Access available based on pre-booking only. To check availability and make visit bookings kindly visit www.ydsuk.org.
Hygiene & Safety Instructions
- You should not attend or visit the temple/mandir if:
- You or anyone in the household have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have recently come in contact with someone that has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have made overseas travel within the past 14 days.
- If you are self-isolating, shielded or clinically vulnerable.
- If you are living with a shielded or clinically vulnerable person.
- Wearing face mask and face covering is compulsory when visiting the temple/mandir.
- To maintain social distancing the maximum number of people allowed in the temple/mandir at any given time will be 25.
- Please avoid or minimise the use of public transport when visiting the temple/mandir.
- Please use hand sanitiser before entering the temple/mandir.
- To perform darshan only stand in your designated spot whilst maintain 2-meter distance from each other.
Form of Worship
- Singing bhajan, prayers, slokas and other forms of worship are prohibited.
- Dandvat, Panchang Pranam and touching the floor is strictly prohibited.
- Offering flowers, food items, fruits & vegetables to the temple is prohibited. Kindly avoid bringing any of such item to the temple/mandir.
- Offering prasad is suspended.
Generic rules & safety practice
- You must keep at least 2 meters apart from those not in your household, whilst in the premises.
- Follow all visitor notices, signages and guidance from volunteers.
- Do not touch feet of others to offer pranam or dandvat.
- Meeting and greeting between families and individuals are strictly prohibited inside and outside the premises.
Contact Tracing / Emergency Contacts
Please immediately inform and notify to below email, if you develop symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 7 days of visiting temple/mandir:
We will continuously monitor and review these arrangements on a regular basis, Government advice is changing as we learn more about COVID-19 and as we enter different phases of the lockdown measures. We will review changes on a much higher frequency then those of a normal risk assessment to ensure the latest guidance is being followed.